Urban Impact has been serving the youth of Pittsburgh’s North Side for over 25 years. By working to meet the needs of the whole person through holistic community outreach, we can bring transformative hope to Pittsburgh one person, one family, one block at a time.
Urban Impact offers a variety of Performing Arts programs for kids from elementary school through high school. Some of our arts programs include:
- Arts Academy- The Performing Arts Academy consists of a variety of classes including Intro to Theatre 102, Musical Theatre, and Improv.
- Vocal Music- Urban Impact offers many vocal music opportunities for our students. The program list includes Children’s Choir, Urban Impact Middle School/High School Choir, Urban Impact Singers, and Musical Theatre.
- Instrumental Music- At Urban Impact, our Instrumental Music program offers Buckets & More 101, Jazz Band, Praise Band, and Youth Orchestra/Drum Corps.
- Theatre- There are many Urban Impact class options for Theatre. We offer Drama 101, Intro to Theatre 102, Acting 201, and Voice & Movement 202.
- Dance- Our Dance discipline includes Praise Dance, Ballet, Hip Hop, Modern Dance, Mime, and Contemporary Dance.
- The Visual Arts- The visual arts department offers Beginner Art, Art 201. Carpentry, Scenic Painting, and Stage Design.
- Technical Production- This program teaches students of technical theater and production through Sound and Video Editing.