Pittsburgh Youth Chorus
About Pittsburgh Youth Chorus
Through professional-level choral education and performance, Pittsburgh Youth Chorus strives to provide opportunities for a diverse group of children to realize their innate artistic potential and share experiences that enrich their lives while benefiting their families and communities. PYC singers are often found performing alongside the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, the Pittsburgh Opera, the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh, and with many other groups and organizations in the Greater Pittsburgh Region and abroad!
- Troubadours- Troubadours is for auditioned elementary school children from grade 3 and above.
- Talisman- Singers in this choir are usually grade 5 and above.
- Bel Canto Singers- Members range from grade 6 and above.
- Boys Ensemble- This group gives boys who are currently enrolled in Talisman or Bel Canto Singers a unique opportunity to experience music specifically composed for this genre.
- Grove City College Satellite Choir- offered in Grove City on the campus of Grove City College for singers typically in grades 3-6.
- Summer Singers Day Camp- a one week summer camp experience for children (aged 7-10 in our Pittsburgh location and 7-11 in our Grove City location).
- CAMP- a required 5-7 day overnight camp for enrolled Talisman and Bel Canto Singers which generally takes place in July or August.
- Neighborhood Training Choirs- our non-auditioned Neighborhood Training Choirs provide an exciting opportunity for young singers in 1st-3rd grades to discover their voice in a high-quality choral-education program that is close to home. There are classes located in the North, South, East, and West of Pittsburgh.
To learn more about PYC, visit our website!